Hazardous waste is any trash with properties that can harm humans and the environment. Disposing of hazardous waste must be in respect of strict regulations to keep humans and the environment safe, which is why you need a professional Dumpster rental company Austin to help.
Depending on the waste type and quantity, the company has skilled personnel, defined procedures, and proper equipment to carry out the process.
Proper Disposal of Hazardous Waste
Improper storage of hazardous waste can be dangerous. Understanding safe ways to store hazardous waste as you await disposal is essential.
Here are examples of hazardous waste.
- Computers/mobile phones/batteries – The materials are used to build computers and contain hazardous materials. You can consider ways to reuse them before settling for disposal. Cell Phones and batteries have heavy metals, and you should look for companies that buy used phones or batteries for recycling projects. Some cities have recycling processes and proper disposal services, which you should find from the dumpster rental company you choose.
- Rechargeable batteries – Although most batteries today have no mercury, check for companies that collect and drop them for disposal.
- Car batteries – In most cities, disposal companies collect car batteries for waste transportation stations, battery retailers, or landfills. Hence, you should check with your local council for further direction.
- LPG Gas cylinders include any cylinders holding pressured gas, and you can dispose of them by swapping them at a retailer or refilling them.
- Used motor oils are hazardous but can be recycled. You should drop a motor oil container at collection points; one person can drop 20 liters in one visit.
- Fluorescent tubes and globes – They fall in the category of mercury products, and you can drop them off at collection centers or selected retail outlets.
- Plastic bottles and shopping bags – You can burn them in your yard or drop them in the bins provided by supermarkets for recycling.
- Unused medicines – You can take unused pharmaceuticals and prescription remnants to a pharmacist for proper disposal.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Dumpster Rental Service For Hazardous Waste Disposal
We understand that trash removal is essential in a business or a home. Waste management companies provide a seamless waste disposal experience, which explains why you must choose the right dumpster rental company.
Before selecting a dumpster rental, consider these factors.
Type of Waste
The type of waste you want to dispose of will help determine your service of choice. Different companies will have varying regulations on what customers can dump. After removing waste, a dumpster rental company should understand how to separate hazardous and non-hazardous waste and disposal of each. Charges may differ depending on the kind of waste you dispose of.
Before engaging a dumpster rental company, consider its proximity to your home or business premises. Choosing a dumpster company from far away will cost you more than an option near you because the distance traveled impacts the service cost.
A professional waste management company should offer proper ways of disposing of trash to help preserve the environment. Ask about their recycling waste process, which is one way to know a company’s capabilities.
Dumpster rental containers come in different sizes; you need to know what you need. The container you order should be the right size to handle various waste sizes and materials. Inquire about the sizes they provide, and if they don’t suit your needs, consider an alternative service provider.
Trash removal companies should have appropriate tools to complete the work well. Depending on the waste you’re disposing of, a professional company will have the right tools to remove trash without intruding on the surroundings.
What You Can Put in a Dumpster
Before sealing the deal with us, we’ll tell you what you can and can’t put in a dumpster container. Most waste materials are okay to dispose of in a dumpster. Still, others may not be appropriate, and adhering to regulations to avoid further penalties is crucial. Here is what is allowed in a dumpster container.
The typical household waste is acceptable to dump in a dumpster container as it is primarily non-hazardous. Household waste includes furniture, some appliances, and regular waste. Some outdoor trash, like shingles, is also considered part of safe household waste.
Wood decomposes quickly, making it safe to dump in a dumpster. You can throw anything made of untreated wood in a dumpster container, from tables to chairs.
You can dispose of microwaves, coffee brewers, blenders, or toasters in a dumpster container. However, different companies might have other guidelines you must adhere to fully. Bigger appliances like refrigerators and washers might have additional instructions for disposal.
Yard trashes like leaves, fallen branches, and sticks are safe to dump in a throw-away in a dumpster rental. Any other organic waste is also safe to toss in a dumpster container.
Most companies will allow disposing of dirt in a dumpster container. But if the soil is contaminated, you can’t throw it in a dumpster. Find out if other options exist to recycle soil instead of dumping it.
Unusable electronics, including computers, can be dumped in a waste container, but only in small amounts. Large e-waste trash must be disposed of in other ways or recycled.
Alkaline batteries are safe to dispose of in dumpsters. Thanks to new manufacturing regulations, batteries have no mercury, which makes them safe to dispose of, like typical waste.
Used Aerosol Cans
Once aerosol cans should be disposed of immediately. This is because they are dangerous and can explode if exposed to pressure. For this reason, landfills and dumpster rentals restrict aerosol products from being thrown in dumpster containers.
Solid waste from drywall, bricks, plywood, concrete, stones, or tiles can enter a dumpster. However, you must remember the weight limitations provided because the heavy waste will add up fast.
Precautions for Dumpster Rental
Dumpster rental in Austin, Texas, and its environs are poorly regulated, and there’s no licensing needed to join the industry. Hence, it’s not new when clients encounter illegitimate people posing as pros; this explains the rise in scary headlines where dumpster companies take advantage of unsuspecting customers.
The fraudsters end up charging customers higher bills than expected, and they have no choice but to settle it. But with all this confusion, authentic companies strive to stand out from the crowd of shady dealers who employ dishonest staff and fail to give proper guidelines to customers.
Visit https://www.dumposaurus.com/ for quick hauling or permanent pick-up for garbage removal roll-off. We will sweep the area to leave it like there was nothing there. Dumpster services allow you to enjoy flexible ways of disposing of trash faster and with ease.
Name, Address and Phone
Dumposaurus Dumpster Rental Service,
401 Congress Ave. #1540 Austin TX 78701,
Social account URLs